Monday, September 24, 2012

And The Band Played On

So Friday night, I did have to stay to the end to hear the Jazz band at Third Place Place Books. . .
They went on to play Slow Boat From China, then one of them said something like, of course, we have to have some accordion (of course, they did, after all I was feeling very, very nostalgic about my mother and her musical abilities), then by the time they were on Sentimental Journey, I was definitely singing out loud. . . it was at that . . .

so time to leave. . . got in my car . . . what is on my radio is jazz. . . now I rarely listen to jazz in the car. . . it was on my normal rock station. . . as I was wondering how in the world did that happen. . . the song ended. . .  and a regular pop rock song came on. . .

so being me (redundancy, but then again some people seem not to be who they are), the next night I was driving home from work in a poor radio reception area I hit the search button for stations . . . then I started thinking now how in the world did that jazz come up on my pop station. . .  right then the radio stopped on a talk station the man speaking said . . . "now I think someone is playing with the time/space thing somehow. . . "

Maybe that's it.

Ok, I do believe who ever runs this universe must have an exceptional sense of humor . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment