Friday, September 21, 2012

And Back To Corvallis & Home









well, I do believe this Corvallis bench is the longest bench I have seen so far








the last bench I saw on my trip at a rest stop in WA

When I decided to Oregon to see Grandma Rita, I  didn't give a lot of thought to staying in the Eugene area. I was undecided about actually going right til hours before I left. I stayed at a peaceful hotel in Springfield.

As I was driving down the street in Eugene, I remembered when I decided to move from Southern California Eugene was on my list of potential new homes. My list included Santa Rosa, Calif., Bellingham & Seattle WA, and a distant fourth, Eugene. 

As I was driving, I had no sense of belonging there, no sense of home. But I did wonder about intersecting with the life path I hadn't chosen. Would these have been people I would have known, been friends with . . .

When I went into Corvallis, I had a definite sense I could live there. Yes, I do divide up places, most fall under I could never live there. I liked the feel of Corvallis. Of course, it is a college town,  on a river, not really that far from the college. I was able to walk into the Market of Choice and see gluten free bread at the front of the store . . . nice feel to the city for someone passing through. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment