Monday, September 24, 2012

Meadowdale County Park

Now, here's a park for a future trek, the trail leads down to the beach. . . they were kind enough to have a sign up at the top suggesting you might not want to try it if you weren't in good shape. I went down a little ways and watched lots of people, young and old, . . . huff and puff their way up. . . not going down this time. It's only about a mile and a half, but 3 miles, half of it up hill, hmmm not quite yet, but on my list












So I talked to an older couple with hiking poles. According to them, hiking poles are the only way to do the trail if you have knee problems. . .

So I stopped at REI, looked at hiking poles which were on sale even, but wow they seem expensive. So as many trips as I am making into wooded areas surely I should come across some wooden hiking poles free for the taking. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment