Friday, September 21, 2012

Beautiful Day - A Mini-Saga

I am sitting at Third Place Place Books in Lake Forest Park - there internet speed far surpasses mine for uploading photos - The best jazz band of I heard live started in with a rousing tune - In The Mood - I glanced up from my cherished netbook to see a very limber, talented couple hit the dance floor full speed, and I was going to comment on how they were joined by other obvious experienced dancers, equally grey headed; however what I saw was a couple that might be as old as their twenties equally adept at dancing to jazz swing; not sure why bought the good kind of tears to my eyes - yes, I will stop to ponder why -


(I never heard the group's name, miracle of the internet - Hammon-Esvelt Quintet, "Jazz")

back when the first couple hit the floor, and I started tapping my feet, and feeling that happy heart/body live music brings - the thought was "Am I engaged in life? Following by an equally rousing heartfelt "YES".

God live music is so uplifting, makes you felt like life is good even it wasn't . . . these "guys" are gooood. . . .  

REALLY GOOD brass, that is some talented trumpet player doing a solo, and melding so harmoniously with the band. . . I probably have mentioned that my mother played the trumpet, nope, I don't know if I told anyone I know how . . . I usually mentioned how well she played the guitar by ear, and I mighta mentioned that she played the accordion . . .

funny, after right I mentioned the young couple they came and sat on a bench next me. . . I am far from the dance floor . .  . suppose they felt my admiration, nostaglia, whatever

and the singer is dang good too, belting out "I'm gonna love you come rain or shine . . . in or out of the money . . . boy, was that ever a song I grew up with . . .

a clarinet solo - huh, maybe jazz is where I got the idea that I wanted to play clarinet in grade school . . . as of yet I don't seem to have inherited my mother's talent for playing musical instruments, but life is far from over

I got up really early this morning in anticipation of a good visit, possibly a ride with a good friend, Jan. 

My first opportunity for fun was putting on my new socks and shoes . . . why mentioned this because they both very cool


Performance Series - Lightweight / No-Show 

Vibram Fivefingers Classic Mens Closeout 

Yep, pocket for each toe. I do like them, love wearing, challenging to put on . . . I think they are good for helping me walk with a more natural gait, like walking barefoot. . . so far very good, it is fun to have the sensation of walking barefoot on the grass without getting dirty . . .

We had a nice ferry ride, gawked at the multiple of boats out of the water in the misty, foggy morning.

Found a tasty new place to eat in Chimacum - Farmer's Reach Cafe. The food sourced by local farms was delicious.

We went on to enjoy a little time in Port Townsend, a modicum of shopping, rounds of picture taking, a little serene time by the water, we saw a seal, but it escaped being photographed.

Lots of people with cameras. Then I spied a sign on the door of one of the buildings, "Lounge for Film Makers." Well, no wonder all the cameras, the film festival is happening right now.

And, finally, an inquiry on my shoes (the reviewers on Amazon all said to be prepared for inquiries. .  . this was my first. . . )

We had a ride on the new Port Townsend ferry, saw a bus stop in the middle of nowhere to pick up a fisherman who hailed them down . . .

Good chat, good visit. . . still happy sharing how lucky I was to reconnect with old friend Debbie last week. Work has been extra challenging, the rest of life has been especially good.

Now, visit done, I am thinking I wasn't able to stop a two parks I had on my list yesterday . . . so after a brief break, off to the park I went.

And was ever so pleased when I took a chance to climb down something steeper than I was comfortable with, and figure how to get up later. My Vibram shoes are just the perfect thing, they have such great traction, it was pretty easy to get back up. Perfect shoes for me at the moment. . . and I was able walk on a slippery deck this morning with feeling that it was slick . . .

And I do believe that live Jazz is better than TV reruns






No comments:

Post a Comment