Saturday, November 2, 2013

A Belated More Serious Part II of My Little Magical Story

“It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.” ― Rose Kennedy

So, the day I ended behind a license from Illinois, next to a truck with the name Mismo, continued on further down memory lane.

As, I was going to hit forward to heard the next track the CD, my hand slipped, I hit the eject button instead, bringing on the radio, playing a song from decades ago. It was the song playing in the hospital as I was wheeled out of the operating room.  I made a decision not to have a child. I would make the same decision today. I was the kid that played with stuffed instead of dolls. Never intended to have children. Yet, the song can't helped but begin of memories.

My best friend was pregnant at the same time. I had a few times of wondering watching her kid grow up. Lately, listening to an India.Arie break up song where she notates wondering who their child would have grown up to be. Not in love with the child's father, Ken, myself. 99.9 % ok with my decision yet an occasional thought creeps in.

Just washing away another layer, hopefully.

I reached my park destination for the day, Bradner Gardens. I didn't get to far before a cat started wrapping itself around my legs. I tried to ignore it a first, still taking pictures, enjoying the view of the new garden.

Finally, I got that it would impossible to ignore the cat. All the time I have on this park journey, I have never been approached by a single cat. So I sat down on a wooden bench (ironically) with carved fish to visit with the cat. Hmmm, the cat looked exactly like my first cat. The cat that disappeared around the same time my dad did. We had a good visit. The cat followed me the rest of garden. I looked down at the end to say goodbye. The cat was gone.

Brushing away a little more.

Wondering how memories get stuck in there anyway, coated with emotions, interspersed with beliefs, twisted into the fabric of my unconsciousness - rising up now and again - kisses or curses of a long gone past, roads not taken.

Is it not so with every choice?


“because a song can take you back instantly to a moment, or a place, or even a person. no matter what else has changed in you or the world, that one song stays the same, just like that moment.” ― Sarah Dessen

No comments:

Post a Comment