Saturday, November 30, 2013

Perhaps I'm Winning

I worked Thanksgiving to support a friend, and missing Thanksgiving dinner with other friends. It was a rough work day. When the friend started work, looked at what was going own, her comment "Holy Mother of God." Yep. Never heard her make a comment like that before. And a well placed one at that.

Would I do it again, next year? No way, no, no well,  not unless I lose my mind, or my heart tells me a friend needs help. Yes, ok, I know I didn't sign up for an easy day. Didn't mean I wasn't hoping to be wrong. Thought a part of my pines for that Thanksgiving dinner experience, doing the right thing leaves another kind of deep satisfaction.

Yesterday, I broke my streak for meditation, writing, and drinking my protein shakes everyday

 After working 9 1/2 plus hours on the 6th day of my work week. I was way tired. Oh, yes, I could have left after 8 hours, except I just couldn't,  too much left to be done - then when I told someone I would not leave until certain things were done - her reply was,  "Yeah,  you and what town!!!!!".

Well, that did indeed make me set my heels in determination. Oh, yes, I can. Well, suffice to say I won. I completed the task I set out to complete against seemingly impossible statistical odds. I win.

So, yesterday, basically, I slept, slept, slept, and slept some more. When I remembered I had not gotten up to meditate, I felt bad. However, perhaps I meditated when I was sleeping. Naw, that doesn't work. Feel bad about breaking my streak. Sigh.

However, I was smart enough to go grocery shopping, and on my outdoor adventure to a new place before I went home at after work.

So my 600th new place to visit this year - Lynnwood Municipal Golf Course. A pretty, serene beautiful place to be with dawn breaking, nice meandering walk, don't think I have seen a sand trap up that close before, ponds, bridges, enjoyable  - well, right up until someone came after me with an electric golf cart, and kicked me out. My first request to leave the premises. Awesome.

********
And what exactly do you think this proves?" he spits. "You've got power, but you don't know what to do with it."
VIOLA
"Looks like I'm doing fine," I say.”
― Patrick Ness, The Ask and the Answer
********

31 more days if I am to make my original commitment part 1 on this "park" journey. Amazed still that I have come this far. So curious to see if I make it. Truly I do not know. Nothing tells me if I will "win" or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment