Monday, November 11, 2013

A Poet I am - Maybe

         my life is shifting
sometimes by
centimeters
  s
    l
      i
        d
                 i
    n
                    g
                       down
        into the corners of
my                          mind
           comes a truth
                 S
                 P
                 L
                 A
        !         S        !
                 H
          !!! !!!!!!!  !!!


I decided today I was indeed a poet, Is the above possibly gimmicky indeed could be. Was it fun. Absolutely, it was born that way, flowing. Perhaps, I will rework it someday, perhaps not.

I read a wonderful article which I shall have to reference later with the name of the article and author. It was in reference to the works of a poet who like to sculpture with words, and believes the spaces in between can be equally important.

So I thought why not me. After deciding was a poet, the rest of the today has been an on and off dialogue, rocky with ego challenging questions such as "Does this mean I think I write poetry?" Umm, yes, yes it does I write poetry. "Does it mean I think I write good poetry?" Nope, didn't say that. .. circular questioning all just in the claiming of a noun.

“Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen.”
― Leonardo da Vinci

No comments:

Post a Comment