Wednesday, November 13, 2013

“But I can hardly sit still. I keep fidgeting, crossing one leg and then the other. I feel like I could throw off sparks, or break a window--maybe rearrange all the furniture.”   - Raymond Carver

It's been a kinda a raggedly day. I discovered something amazing useful about anxiety that I had not know before. I saw some rock sculptures at the top of a hill. I quickly pulled over. Surely, this must be an unmapped park (it was/is).

However, the only means of finding out what it really looked like entailed climbing a steep narrow staircase up the hill into the unknown (then there would be the down part - potentially worse).

Good lord, my anxiety is through the roof today. Sigh,  but I am ever so curious. Much to my surprise, my anxiety did not go up like it normally does when I feel I am in a precarious climbing situation. Apparently, my anxiety was high enough it wasn't being bothered with the addition of potential "danger". That was/is a fascinating, and useful thing to find out.

And I saw an interesting unnamed pocket park with a large sculptural installation I truly enjoyed.

“Neva ought to smile more. It breaks her anxiety into tiny pieces of joy you want to gather up and hand back to her in your palms, as if to say, “See what you can make when you loose the reins.” ― Vicki Covington, Bird of Paradise

No comments:

Post a Comment