Tuesday, July 28, 2009

And Yourself

"Be kind to unkind people they probably need it the most." Asleigh Brilliant

How about extending that to yourself? How about me extending comfort to the part that worries, the sometimes soft whispering, sometimes loud, scared & whining voice?

"The first duty of love is to listen." - Paul Tillich

And so I needed a quick, gentle and easy breakfast. New breakfast today - Mix 1 - Dark-berry "drink" which by the label on their 11 oz. bottle has not only protein, but 9 servings of fruits & veggies. Amazing. Good enough to get again.

And paging through a new recipe book, Hindu Soul Recipes by Pushpesh Pant, was a welcome follow-up to breakfast. It is beautifully illustrated with colorful scrumptious dishes of food, and, also, bits of wisdom like:

"Do I know how the food I imbibe is going to influence my body & mind?"

After breakfast, I was ready to go out foraging for spiritual nourishment and fun on the internet.

I enjoyed Incredible Hand Art by Guido Daniele, yes, actual hands painted like animals.

I partook of a quote new to me at Pangloss:

The only thing one can do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never of any use to oneself.
-Oscar Wilde

And extra delight at Pangloss is their bad poetry generator. Here is what it wrote for me:

Mendel Quoth:

I seem to be circling around the truth

"Zapraszamy!" painted on the window of the deli

I wish for the toys of my youth,

Reality is a staircase leading nowhere.

Their site was quite fun indeed.

Lastly before posting this, I uploaded a few more photos to my Flickr site, including the only ones left I have of my childhood and my family. If you want to see them just select the people tab for the search, and type in my screen name, NWWolf.

Good journey to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment