Thursday, July 30, 2009

Grateful


With the switch over to digital TV, I now listen to radio more than I used to since I have randomly pixelated TV reception.

I was delighted to wake up to a show on National Public Radio with someone talking about Tofino, British Columbia. I missed who the speaker was but was thrilled to listen to him describe Tofino as the most laid back place in British Columbia. It brought for wonderful memories and a great sense of enjoyment.


I next listened to The Witer's Almanac with Garrison Keillor. I heard a poem I thoroughly enjoyed by David Budbill from his book Judevine, "Ben". The whole poem is on NPR's site and the link to purchase the book is there, also. I just want to share a portion and encourage to use the links for more. This is from middle of the poem:

Ben is a cynic in the Greek and philosophic sense,
one who gives his life to simplicity
seeking only the necessities
so he can spend his days
in the presence of his dreams.

I loved this as well as other parts and the poem as a whole. I feel blessed to have heard it, and it spoke to me.

With such a good beginning, decided to cook a favorite easy breakfast for myself: poached eggs with Trader Joe's Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese, garlic, butter over Dave's Killer Bread Good Seed Spelt. I decided it sounds like I must work for a health food company. I don't now, but I did spend 5 years as a manager of health food, vitamin, and metaphysical bookstore. And, the new thought I had today if I get more entertaining, have a more glamorous site with higher traffic and decided to have ads on my page maybe they'll be for health foods. That would be cool, if I did it.

I went to look for a picture of Tofino wolves that used to hang on my wall so I could put it up again. The photographer is Jacqueline Windh. She has a two books out now, and a blog for Tofino.

As I remember many good things, I know it is time to carry some things off for recycling to the thrift shop, I either have a clearer or be ready to move.


No comments:

Post a Comment