Sunday, July 26, 2009

What Next?


"I beg you . . . to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and . . .try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms and like books that are written in a foreign tongue. Do not seek the answers, which cannot be given to you because you would not be able to live with them. And the point is to live with them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will gradually, without noticing, live along some distant day into the answer." Rainier Maria Rilke in Letters To a Young Poet

I love benches particularly ones on or near the water. This photo is titled Waiting. I think of the Simon & Garfunkel song "Old Friends" when I see benches and the line from this song "sharing a park bench quietly." Thinking of my friend, Jan, it's her birthday today. Happy Birthday, my friend. Thank you for sharing the journey. It's great to know someone who can appreciate the beauty in each moment.

Whatever is "next" it will be fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment