Thursday, July 23, 2009

Weaving My Story

"Do not be content with the stories of others, unfold your own myth." Rumi

I just missed posting for Wednesday. I thought I might make for 11:59PM, but I missed. I was enthralled with enjoying wonderful fresh Rainier blueberries in heavy cream with a few drizzles of dark amber agave nectar. Soft, sweet, sumptuous and soothing.

Oh, well. Yesterday was a relatively good day. I woke up the uneasy feeling regarding loss of hours at work still preying on my mind. I have done some yelping about it out of fear. Upset with myself for choosing to live on the edge of a financial fiasco by working part time. Reverberations of my lost two job losses still ringing in my ears - both outsourced to foreign locations.

Any news story would tell me I am not alone in having financial insecurity. Within my own small group of friends one person is on voluntary leave due to business slowdown, one was just asked to take extra unpaid time off, one just lost her job after the company was sold, one self-employed took time off to care for son, and had to quit do to having an unscrupulous boss. So I could say what I am experiencing is normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment