Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I AM BLESSED


I was feeling very stressed this morning as the novelty of having less hours to work translates to a major loss of income. The word shattered keeps popping into my head. My plans to move thwarted as now I won't qualify income wise for either the apartments I was looking at nor the bigger more precarious plan of buying a condo. Then I have to think if my plans are shattered that easily how solid were they to begin with. If I really want to move, I probably qualify for low income housing. And I am missing seeing a friend who is taking some well deserved time for self-nourishment and replenishment.

With the temperature in my apartment at 80 degrees, and the NW standard of no air conditioner, it was a great time to go out for body and soul. As I am still far from the frugal person I may become, I had a wonderful lunch at one of my favorite places, PCC Natural Food Market, and took a jaunt down to Marine Park in Edmonds.

There was a satisfying, cool breeze blowing in from the south. However, I was not the only one with the idea of enjoying such a prime location. The shady places were all inhabited. After luxuriating with ample breeze, gorgeous sound views on a wonderfully supportive bench, I could feel the beginning of the sun burning my skin. I turned tail back to the car, and on to the next exciting hunt for cool.

An easy pick. Third Place Books in Lake Forest Park, WA is just the place. Again, I'm not alone here. It is an intended community gathering place, large roomy, wooden tables, free wireless internet, books new and used, and a food court. Could I want for more? Well, maybe a couch & TV.

Still a little dejected, checking Twitter. To my utter delight and amazement, the number 1 trending topic at the moment #Iamblessed. It is so exciting to see this instant messaging system used this way. What a mood shifter, and opportunity to remember and here the truth about what's right in the world. I left the site only now as the server timed out (I imagine from the larger response). I will go back to participate in being thankful as I am blessed, very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment