Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Temple Of Hathor - Loving Kindness

Yesterday right before I posted the picture of a pillar from the Temple of Hathor in the Valley of The Kings in Egypt, I saw a bumper sticker that read "Loving Kindness Is My Religion."

That is really what I would like my "religion" to be. It made me think of this one picture I have left from a trip I was blessed to take with friends and church group to Egypt in the 1980's. I still remember being transfixed in front of the pillar for a reason that was unkown. Our guide finally came up to me and translated the hieroglyphs, read from left to right, as Life is to give love consciously. Whether thousands of years ago, or on a modern car bumper it is still a sentiment and feels good to the soul.

Now remembering, and acting in accordance with sentiment aren't always in sync. If I keep edging closer every chance I get, I believe I will closer to who I am.

I would love to give up blaming, whining, and false beliefs about injustice when faced with unwanted change. So I will begin by reminding myself of what has always been true in my life. There are always blessings to every change. I will continue to fret or agonize over finances and the dire consequences there of because it is part of who I am, a worrier. I will, also, continue to enjoy the luxury of extra time, new opportunities, new places and new paths as I am, also, grateful and appreciative of many simple things in life, like breathing, sunshine, rain, wind, trees, rocks, and people.

Namaskara= I bow to the God in you that is the same God in me

Many blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment