Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Me & Rhonda Britten


Clearing out stuff can have unexpected positive results. I found a disposable camera whose film I had not taken to be developed when I finished shooting two years ago or more. Voila. Found the picture of me with the exceptional Rhonda Britten at the Discover U class she taught here in Seattle.

She is the fierce personal growth facilitator from my favorite (Emmy award winning) daytime reality show Starting Over House, and founder of Fearless Living.

I remember walking up for the picture only to be met with piercing eyes fully attentive, and the words, "I know you, I've seen you before. Tell me what you've done to change your life since I saw you, what was it, about a year and a half ago."

I don't remember my answer as much as being in awe of her memory and how fully present she was. I understand from her website she is doing a tour of U.S. cities which started August 29. I have seen magical changes and insights in people attending her classes - that is her intention - change happens in her presence. See her if you get an opportunity.

"Why would we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? I do not make an exorbitant demand, surely." Henry David Thoreau

It is a glorious morning, is it not? Now time for sleep and soft dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment