Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Simple & Magnificient




"To live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else."  - Emily Dickinson

Today I made a discovery that made me joyfully happy. Garlic ketchup. I am still amazed at the amount of delight that can come from one small action idea. I finally had the thought after many years to mix crushed garlic directly to ketchup for my new favorite sauce. Food ecstasy and a simpler way to compose a sandwich.
Try it - I did it to my taste about 1 tablespoon of crushed garlic to 3 tablespoons of ketchup - then again, I LOVE garlic.

As coconut water and milk is being sold now right in the dairy section of my regular market, I bought a half gallon. With it being a cool evening, hot chocolate sounded like a nice, warm, luxurious treat. Tonight, I made it with coconut milk. It was very nourishing. I was surprised that I didn't notice a different in the taste. Successful twice, a nice plus. A mini-adventure right in my own kitchen makes me smile. Then, there always sumptuous salads.

luscious, wild, sweet
crunchy, munchy wet
grazing on greens

You may notice one of the new badges at the side of my page small is beautiful. It fit right into to my day. I so love this sentiment and already feel i belong in this "revolution" or rather way of being.The following is the excerpt right off the Small is Beautiful site:


The Small is Beautiful Manifesto

We believe stories are valuable, no matter how many people read them.
We believe following your passion is more important that watching your site
                    meter.
We believe in the handmade, the first try, the small start, and the good
                    effort.
We believe that small is beautiful.

Won’t you join our tiny revolution?

My answer was yes. "Everybody is a story". Stories are still magical if read by one person or a thousand.

Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can.  -Danny Kaye


No comments:

Post a Comment