Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wandering Thoughts

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." - Maya Angelou

Grateful to find out our missing co-worker had been granted a day off by a manager who is on vacation - a clerical error caused such a stir.

I received an email with a suggestion from a local therapist and healer, Karen Johannsen, MA., to view a sweet short video called You Are The Light Movie - Mary Robinson Reynolds. I loved it enough to watch a few times. Very positive, upbeat. One line I thought was a good reminder for me was "You don't heal people by getting them to "get it."

I discovered Ms. Reynolds' website Make A Difference has a number of inspirational movies. She even included one perfect for me now called Autumn Blessings Movie. In addition to peaceful music and beautiful photos of fall are quotes such as: "Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn." - Elizabeth Lawrence

Of course, there's always looking out the window.

As I have read a little on Haiku, I see I have a captured it's essence in my three lined attempts. Yet, I am still enjoying the adventure of writing "pretend" Haiku. So I will continue though there may be only a mild resemblance to this form of poetry.

well loved, well worn
changes are past due
futon out, bed in

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Thank you to the blog Diary of a Self-Portrait for the Be Brave badge and inspiration at the side of my page. Snippet from that blog "Last week I wrote a post here announcing my commitment to doing one thing every day that scares me and asked others to join in. "

No comments:

Post a Comment