Sunday, July 21, 2013

Allowing

person, place or thing
am i noun or verb
grammatical pause

So yesterday's word was allow. So should have it handled by now some part of my brain says. And, it continues so is allow that same as surrender (?), the same as yield (?). . .

I was listening to music in the park. Thinking it is was interesting hip-hop, when the child of the people nearest me asked what is that? Mom repied Reggae. . . . Well wrong. . . well how do I know, well why do I care. . . why the rush to judgement. . . sigh. . .

Meandering through the urban park challenges. . . it started when I got out of my car. . . what is that smell??? Holy cow, wait only chicken. . . I am parked directly across from Ezell's Chicken. Oh, that smells good. But will be wheat flour, grease. It's ok I don't need it no matter how good it smells.

I headed for the other side of the park. Wandered through their little garden. That is when I started hearing the music, "the 1 % don't know what it's like.. . . poverty . . ." judgements probably starting to rise out of my unconscious. . . "I am not into hate got to much love for that. . . "

Now I am smelling some tantalizing smells again, the voice over the loud speaker says I hope you all are enjoying this wonderful BBQ.

My resolution not to stop and eat before work is being undermined, not even very subtly.

I listened to the music. Watch the people playing tennis. No reason I can't play tennis if I don't have to win or be competitive. Wondering about walking around to the other side of the park when a guy with at least 50 lbs more weight on him than me jogged by. Sigh. Ok, not comparing, but yes comparing. If he can run, can't I at least rise above my complacency and finish my walk around the park. . . I did.

It lead to more good things of which I will recount later.  . . now work.

No comments:

Post a Comment