Friday, July 19, 2013

Feeling Lucky

“Scientists have calculated that the chances of something so patently absurd actually existing are millions to one.

But magicians have calculated that million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.”


- Terry Pratchett, Mort


Worked a whole two days of my new shift. One challenge I knew about - traffic is thick around our area when I start work - so more thought on time - no sliding in effortlessly.


One thing harder than I thought - acclimating to dinner at 10 pm instead of 7 pm - figuring what and when to eat during the day/night.


And just fun, had collard greens for dinner, thinking humorously bet no one else would be snacking on that. So how well do I fit with this crew? - what are the chances? - yep someone else was, also, having collard greens for dinner. These are indeed my people.


Feeling anxiety about the new computer system, it will be initiated on my shift. so we will be the ones testing it out. The good to great news - the major changes in the workflow most benefit night shift. I am a little more cautious so I feel have to see it first. The most tech oriented person of our group is extremely happy with the coming changes.


And yes, I do love driving home at such a peaceful time of night.

No comments:

Post a Comment