Thursday, July 18, 2013

Kindness in Sharing



essence of sacred flames
Agni blesses my soul
i am connected to all


A friend sent me some beautiful images of Ottawa, one of the postcards I received showed more of the beauty of the architecture of the building as well as the Eternal Flame shown here.

I am quite enjoying touching another city through the imagery, the buildings, the views of the layout of the area next to the river. Fascinating. Another reminder both of how much beauty there is, how the imagination of women and men creature such structures and flows in cities. but, also, how much of the world I have no knowledge of. I spent a long time just pouring over the images. So inspiring to touch other worlds. Expanding my heart and mind.

Just viewing another world opened my heart more in an expected way. My meditation was the deepest one I have expected recently. I enjoyed a sacred flame of my own with sage, red willow bark, sweetgrass, tobacco leaves, Nepalese and Tibetan incense.

The healing relaxation allowing for a deeper, kinder introspection. Breaking out of the normal routine, slipping into the wider stream of divine reality. So was it pictures of Ottawa, yes, in part. Something in touching that place. Yes. Just opening to other realities always good, always healing. And it was, also, the healing in the kindness of a friend's sharing. A sharing in thoughtfulness, a sharing in being remembered, sharing in feelings. The touch of another human being. A powerful thing.

Thinking of references of the importance and/or the true nature of sharing.

from a post titled  A Reflection on Love and Mysticism from Where's that Confounded Ox?!

In Lurianic Kabbalah the Divine’s desire to share was the initial impetus that led to the act of creation. The interplay between the desire to give and the desire to receive is one of the strongest themes in Kabbalah and is the focus of the process of tikkun. We undergo the process of tikkun in order to transform our desire to receive for the sake of the self alone to a desire to receive for the sake of sharing. This is a process of letting go in which the heart learns to relax the self-constriction and open up to receive the divine light.



No comments:

Post a Comment