Saturday, July 6, 2013

Broadening Horizons

pleasing revelations
surprising openings
releasing resistance

“Horizons will not come to you; you must go to the horizons!” - Mehmet Murat ildans

Last sentence in my mind as I awoke from a dream this morning, "I don't rule there anymore."
Turned on the radio, the line was "and that was when I ruled the world." Such an interesting place here on this earth.

I had the pleasure of having dinner with friends at Pike Place Market, Cafe Campagne. Wonderful atmosphere, excellent service. Can't recommend that steak, I found it cooked to order and tough.
Apparently, the duck and the mussels are good.

I was surprised and a little pleased that one young friend was laden down with books. I was fun to peruse someone's book purchases - which were very diverse. The surprising part, this very, very tech savvy young woman had no interest in ever, ever, ever owning a Kindle or any other e-reader. So maybe books in print will stick around for awhile.

It was a very conversationally interestingly evening, including standing on a downtown street corner 11pm calmly, philosophically discussing whether or not evil exists. Very satisfying day.

No comments:

Post a Comment