Monday, July 15, 2013

Nourishments

"Discernment is not a matter of simply telling the difference between what is right and wrong; rather, it is the difference between right and almost right." - Charles Spurgeon

This is an important quote at the moment. Thinking some things said to me were almost right. My sense then is they were shy of the mark.

Even so as it is my nature, I will keep turning the words to see the difference in our perspectives. Ok, I really do just want to say you are wrong, and I did. And I was met with graciousness rather than opposition, but not agreement . . . sigh . . .

Well, it has been a wonderful week for other kinds of nourishment. Having a protein shake every morning has been a wise move, hemp protein does seem to be the best choice. Using spices a godsend. I so look forward to the little tang of cardamon, cinnamon and cayenne that I feel no need to include fruit to make it palatable or delicious.

My millet nut stuffed collard wraps were so tasty with garlic chutney and tandoori masala spice. Really enjoying my soups most of all, kale, carrot, chard. parsley - all so satisfying that another change happened - didn't feel the need to sprinkle cheese in any of them. Wow, maybe I am becoming a better cook. Suppose it is possible. Nothing tasted extremely weird this week. Or might just be luck. Either way, good homemade food excellent step for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment