Monday, October 26, 2009

Edge of Winter - Happy Birthday Hillary



"I do not believe that sheer suffering teaches. If suffering alone taught, all the world would be wise, since everyone suffers. To suffering must be added mourning, understanding, patience, love, openness and the willingness to remain vulnerable." - Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Happy Birthday, Hillary. Thank you for be willing to step forward, speak up for our global community, and take up so many difficult challenges. Many blessings on your journey this year.

I heard that we are expecting our first significant snow in the Cascade Mountains today. October 31, Samhain, will be the beginning of Celtic winter. So timing is practically perfect. As I write, the news is showing pictures of snow on the passes, around 2 inches. As our nature, some like myself will worry about traversing sidewalks and street in wintry weather. I, also, know some are ecstatic with prospects of snow boarding, skiing, tubing almost in here.

I am excited to see that my friend Jan has started the Taylor Family Blog, call The Spirit of Maxine.

"We have something in common" - Jan (Taylor) Carrillo-Jones

glistening apple cider afternoon
sun peaks through icy grey sky
winter kisses the mountaintops

May we enjoy it all

No comments:

Post a Comment