Sunday, October 25, 2009

Happy Birthday, Picasso


"With the most primitive means the artist creates something which the most ingenious and efficient technology will never be able to create." - Kasimir Malevich

Today is Pablo Picasso's birthday. Did you know his full name was Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso?

I was surprised when looking at the calendar. Tomorrow is Hillary Clinton's birthday, and the day after, October 27, is my mother's birthday. Just interesting. At first glance, I can see my mother and Picasso being compared as they were both artists. And now, I wonder about their similarities with Hillary.

genius finds magical geometric
colors shapes flow into being
the creative mind made visible

"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness." - Eckhat Tolle

No comments:

Post a Comment