Saturday, October 3, 2009

Further Friday Adventures of Jan & Lynn



 "To be a real traveler, you must be willing to give yourself over to the moment  and take yourself out of the center of your universe. . . Become part of the fabric of their everyday lives. Embrace them rather than judge them, and you will find that the beauty in their lives and their world will become part of yours." - Kent Nerburn, Simple Truths

stalled car detour unplanned plateau view
adventures lend themselves to intermissions
rolling down the road makes my heart happy

After a filling lunch at Twede's yesterday, and a turn around the town of North Bend with views of Mt. Si, we headed back towards Seattle. (Did I even mention I had the luxury of  being the passenger?) Jan decided to take a trip to another place I didn't know existed just outside Issaquah, a landing field for people paragliding off Tiger Mountain. We didn't see anyone in the air or landing this time, but I think I saw a piece of glider that was up in a tree.

After the landing field, Jan was kind enough to take me to a landmark restaurant in Issaquah that I've seen on TV, XXX Root Beer. They serve root beer made from a 1930 recipe. I enjoyed the very frosty mug - perfect for drawing on. However, the root beer was a little sweet for me. The inside of the restaurant stuffed with all kinds of memorabilia.Then, there is a 1950s Kenworth - the Buddy Holly Tour Bus -in their parking lot. I love the fact that I have finally been there. Yeah!

It's exciting that in one afternoon, I was able to have so many new experiences. And then to be blissfully settled in back at home.

“Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” - Miriam Beard

May you have wonderful adventures, and blissful homecomings

No comments:

Post a Comment