Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Solitude, Serenity, and Beauty

 "Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul." - John Muir




"After all, I don't see why I am always asking for private, individual, selfish miracles when every year there are miracles like white dogwood."  - Anne Morrow Lindbergh


"Solitude is a condition of peace that stands in direct opposition to loneliness. Loneliness is sitting in an empty room and being aware of the space around you. It is a condition of separateness. Solitude is becomng one with the space around you. It is a condition of union." Kent Nerburn, Simple Truths




circling mysteries of metal and stones
soft places to walk, strong places to rest
my beautiful new park with no name




"I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." - John Muir



I was curious about the metal "structure", shown below, at the south end of the pond-like depression in the middle of the park. No clue what it is.

 

circling mysteries of metal and stones
soft places to walk, strong places to rest
my beautiful new park with no name





 May you notice a miracle


No comments:

Post a Comment