Sunday, June 9, 2013

New Story Sneaking In


youth and illusion
meeting at center
proceeding with flourish

i woke this more with question in my mind: Can I still do a roundhouse kick (karate). I am pretty sure no one I know now has a clue I took karate. Today, the answer to the kick question was no. Maybe it will be yes again, What it told, and brought the question is likely what I see as the immediately need for better hip flexion. After a few tries, I can still manage a side kick, poor but identifiable, and of course, still front kick. Maybe I shouldn't say "of course". So new part of my physical program all with weights, dancing, racquetball & kayak paddle practice. I bet I can get where I can do a roundhouse kick again, why not.

I see T'ai Chi is starting in the morning beginning of next month for seniors very near me. Well, I suppose I will be there, at least give it a try for one class. Find out if it is the form I know. Oh, Lord, maybe I supposed to learn a new form. Oh, no. Thought I might say yay to new form. Nope, Anita had to give private lessons on the T'ai Chi before. However, I will set one foot forward in that direction, grit my teeth a little, and maybe learn something new.

Now, is a very good time for my memory to push up a gem Anita gave me, had forgotten as I was tensing up here, "Lynn, I can tell you exactly what your problem is. You think you should already know everything even though you have never done it before." Thank you, Anita. Have used that phrase in variation many times over the years. Bless you.

strong, capable
growing skyward
i flow into me

No comments:

Post a Comment