Friday, June 7, 2013

The Individualist - Like That


So I am thinking on the possible veracity of being type 4 in Enneagram system. Funny I kept skipping past reading this one because the type was labeled - The Romantic.

I stopped to see if I was remembering the word right, what I managed to google made me laugh, aand say, well shoot, why didn't they say so:

Enneagram Type 4:
Individualist, Artist, Over-Analyzer, Mystic or Melodramatic Elitist (http://www.enneagram.net/type4.html)

Yep, guess it is all there. Not that I have it set in stone yet that this me. However, seeming more like it at the moment.

Even The Romantic part I think Jan has recognized in my love of really simple movies. I feel like I should be embarrassed, and I am a little. The first movie I can think of loving off the top of my head is Overboard with Kurt Russell & Goldie Hawn. Such a silly movie.  I just love that movie. If it were on right now, I'd be watching it for the umteenth. Now saying that I am probably going to have to stream it from Amazon soon. Oh, It Happened One Night with Claudette Colbert, When Harry Met Sally, even Star Wars seems to fall in there somewhere, Dead Again.

Here would be some of the Type 4 I happily aspire to:

Virtue
Your greatest strengths are your deep intuition, creativity and ability to transform painful life experiences into opportunities for profound growth and healing. This enables you to identify what is missing, and like a knight on a quest, you search until you find it or create it. Astute about human nature, you believe that everyone is an individual and that all emotions have value. Profound and insightful, you have an uncanny knack for transforming the dull and the ordinary into the exciting and extraordinary. You are able to see and appreciate what is truly unique, special and rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment