Saturday, June 29, 2013

“Trust only movement.  Life happens at the level of events, not of words.  Trust movement.” – Alfred Adler

I was heading towards a new park earlier in the week, anticipation rising - will I find it, will there be parking, will I find it (LOL- way big question - Thursday, I didn't find the 1st, 2nd, and 4th park I was looking for). Oh, and I didn't find it until I gave up, was headed back to work. But I did see other cool parks I did. And saved targeted park for another day.

I found a route I like that takes me down a pleasing winding road through park of Washington Park. Every time, I gasp internally "oh, how beautiful as I drive down this section of tree lined road.

I had this thought that all these trips were deepening the affection I had not so much for nature but for the home I have chosen. Finding a stronger connection for these beautiful cities as the various nooks and crannies became a part of my awareness. Learning some of the streets, views, stores.

I do love living in the Pacific Northwest. It is so beautiful, so easy to touch and reach nature, to see the blue sky of the sound and the ocean. Mountains all around. Just a gorgeous place indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment