Friday, June 7, 2013

Lament

Divyam was sharing her wisdom/knowledge about Enneagram Type 4 having a "cry" in their voice - well maybe after a little more practice I will record myself to see what I hear or maybe I could ask my singer at work, Wanda. Much better idea, I just have to practice for a few weeks (she actually performs publicly). Then I can give a short performance in the office. Was there something about 4's liking attention. Just a little.

That. also, made me remember seeing Canadian folk singer Ferron on the list for Enneagram Type 4. And I seem to be doing a jaunt back through my colleges years and "women's" music so a  sweet lament by Ferron covers nicely here


5 comments:

  1. Such a lovely, lovely scene to Grace this post. Lovely song, too. Yes, there is the '4' lamenting voice in song, but there is also the '4' lamenting voice in day-to-day speaking... sometimes/often times heard as a 'whine' high pitch on some words/sentences. So now Lynn, you will have to have your co-workers give an "intense" listen to your daily spiels! LOL Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, this one is don't have to ask, though I am not alone, there is a joke from time to time about me finishing my whine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, my ears will be all perked up the next time we meet! LOL But before you jump to any '4' conclusions for yourself, I suggest you read up on 1 and 2 as well, since they would be your 'constant' buddies in the Enneagram game! No ifs, ands, or buts, around that. Also, a '4s' lament stems from "losing" their Father in 'some' way, at an early age... and the loss never seems to get fully repaired. Thus, the ever-constant 'cry-lament' in their voice. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and I don't know should I whine or not whine
      nothing like being self-conscious, maybe I can just practice a nice ballard

      Delete
  4. Well, I had to triple check the time of my post regarding my dad and this comment, never saw your comment until now. So I was literally writing about my dad while you were making your comment
    so interesting, a little telepathic transmission I dare say, could be quicker than email, yes I am figuring the 2 under stress trying to fix people
    will indeed read more of everything, my heart is good my head full, working on being less self-absorbed a ways to go, love,blessings and thanks

    ReplyDelete