Saturday, June 1, 2013


sweetly softly she tried
to touch my hardened heart
but I was lost in self


Thinking about my mother and being arrogant for forgiving her for only doing her best. Mom I know you loved me with every bit of heart you had left.

Why would you need to forgive someone for being who they are. What about acceptance? Why do different views create such heartache? Why do we let ideas and beliefs place wedges between flesh and bone. Silly isn't it.

Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev made a beautiful point starting with how amazing it was the sun came up in the morning. Did we really appreciate that? He went on to comment how amazing how all planets were in their places, how the whole universe in all it parts and pieces was functioning. So amazing that all of this could be perfect, and one small thought can make us miserable. 




“Mother (fragment)

...You asked me if I would be sad when it happened

and I am sad. But the iris I moved from your house
now hold in the dusty dry fists of their roots
green knives and forks as if waiting for dinner,
as if spring were a feast. I thank you for that.
Were it not for the way you taught me to look
at the world, to see the life at play in everything,
I would have to be lonely forever.”
-- Ted Kooser, Delights & Shadows

2 comments:

  1. Lynn, you express so deeply and tenderly. So lovely are these words...

    sweetly softly she tried
    to touch my hardened heart
    but I was lost in self

    Also, "Why do different views create such heartache? Why do we let ideas and beliefs place wedges between flesh and bone. Silly isn't it."

    And, "... So amazing that all of this (Universe) could be perfect, and one small thought can make us miserable."

    My, but isn't that insanely true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, Divyam so insanely true, am hoping ever slightly to shift my own heart and views. I hadn't talked to you about how much I truly enjoyed his talk and his presence. He had his hand in stirring my heart and consciousness as well.

    He had such a wonderful humor, you would have just loved him. He would make statements as above. Then say, hello, are you still there or have you all fallen asleep. Do you hear me? Do you get it. God help you if you don't. Chuckling. He has a delightful way of getting points across

    ReplyDelete